Discussion Items on the Agenda:
- Budget cut plans
- Processes to be followed during the implementation of any cuts. For example,
- what does AAUP propose should happen to faculty if a program is “reorganized” rather than closed.
- if contingent faculty are terminated and then ‘hired back’, what should be hiring criteria, etc.?
- An accurate definition for administration the breadth of ‘curriulum’, in terms of what faculty should be able to control and/or have a voice in.
- Ways to interact with the Senate to act on the faculty’s behalf.
- Collective bargaining – should WSU faculty move toward unionization?
Once again, we invite all members of the WSU community. Participation in WSU-AAUP general meetings is not restricted to members of the organization. We would like to talk with all faculty (tenure-line or contingent (instructors, lecturers, clinicial)), students, and anyone else with an interest in the future of WSU.